ObamaCare Burden Tracker
In case you haven’t seen it yet, check out the ObamaCare Burden Tracker (pdf), a summary of 157 rules and regulations that will impose an annual paperwork burden of 127,602,371 hours on the American economy.
The ObamaCare Burden Tracker is a joint project of the House Committees on Ways and Means, Education and Workforce, and Energy and Commerce.
Scrolling through one discovers such things as
- The new “340B Drug Pricing Program Forms” (#6) will impose an annual paperwork increase of 14,504 hours
- A new “Medicare Enrollment Application” (#32) will be 70,693 hours
- Navigating the “Process for Obtaining Waivers of the Annual Limits Requirements of PHS Act Section 2711” (#50) will cost 178,183 hours per year
- The process to file a “Letter Requesting Waiver of Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment Application Fee; Submission of Fingerprints; Submission of Medicaid Identifying Information; Medicaid Site Visit and Rescreening” (#71) will add a whopping 1,248,082 hours per year
- Changes to Medicaid eligibility (#77) will mean 21,279,702 new hours
- The form to get credits for Small Employer Health Insurance Premiums (#131) will be 40,189,456 additional hours
There are many, many more.
Though depressing to read, the report is due to a lot of tedious work by hardworking committee staff members. Because of it, Americans can see just how much economic productivity is being sacrificed in compliance costs.